Being a home griller, you are under the dilemma that whether to reheat the left overs of rib pieces or should you dispatch them to the trash box.
Seriously! I know that the second option is no way acceptable for you at all. But, if you want to reheat the left overs without losing the taste and moist, what is the best way out? What if your gathering plan postponed due to some reason but you already placed a nice rack of ribs on your BBQ Grill? You will hate to through all stuff out.
Wait! No worries! I bought the easy solution to reheat the ribs; whatever kind you have without losing the taste and quality.
You have to just be vigilant in your read and all you think the mess is, will become a blessing itself.
Also Read: How to cook Beef Ribs in Electric Smoker
So before heading to the main content I would like you guys to go through the simple tips and tricks. You can follow them when you first cook/smoke the ribs; and resultantly in all will be fine when you reheat them.
How to keep the Ribs Moist even after Reheating?
Ribs are easy to cook it’s not a tricky job; still can’t be taken for granted. However, if you follow simple tricks when you are doing your ribs for the first time it will bring amazing results when you preheat them as well.
- If you are using oven to cook them just pre heat the oven for about 20 mints. You should add the sauces and seasoning into the uncooked ribs it will help to moisten the ribs. Hopefully, the moist will last for the longer period even if you store them to enjoy later.
- Low and slow is the hack of keeping the ribs full of juice and soft textured. So run your cooker low and slow to get the best ribs out.
- Make sure not to over cook the ribs as it will run moist out of it. This will not only ruin the reheat factor but also the taste for first eating.
- Before eating don’t put them in a direct fan or without cover.
- If at any stage of cooking/BBQ, brush the oil on the ribs, it will also help to maintain the moisture.
- Don’t microwave the ribs more than 30 seconds it evaporates the moisture into air and the ribs get dried.
When the Ribs are finally done?
It depends on various factors like what kind of ribs you are cooking and what kind of instrument you are using for grilling them. It also depends upon the outcome you wish to gain form your food. Like if you want more tender and juicy you have to go low and slow while if you want dry and hard, your meal will be ready earlier.
Ribs are “done” when they are 145°F internal temp, but they may still be tough. If you take them up to 190°F to 203°F, the collagens and fats melt at this temp and make the meat more tender and juicy. Then they’re ready!According to USDA
Still there is a difference between the doneness and completely cooked ribs. USDA gave the temperature beyond that the food will be safe to eat. You can use the quality meat thermometer to inquire the right temperature.
You must be thinking how it is relevant to the preheating of Ribs. Yes! It is. The quality you want to get from the reheated ribs depends upon various factors. The most important factor at all is that how do you treat the ribs in your master cook.
Storing Cooked Ribs in a Refrigerator
Meat can be stored in a fridge cooked or uncooked for so many days. It depends how you save it. It should not be left outside too long. The cooked ribs can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 days but if you freeze them in a proper heavy-duty bag, vacuum seal or wrap tightly with good quality foil it will last more than 3 months the idea is to keep the air out. For the more flavor put the sauce with the meat. It’s better to use them in a week so that you will enjoy the fresh and good taste.
Let’s head to the main content now
Ways to Reheat Ribs on Different Instruments
No doubt, leftover of the last night dinner is a good meal for every ribs lover fella. Imagine you through a party and you get unseen happiness when some food left. At the spot, your taste buds activates your brain to schedule to eat them.
Here comes the mastery of of reheating those leftovers. You don’t want to lose any taste or flavor in the various types of reheated ribs.
Heading further, you must know tactics to reheat the leftover on various cookers.
How to Reheat Ribs on a Grill
- Preheat your best grill while the ribs come to the normal temperature once your meat is melted from the ice.
- Simply wrap the rib in an aluminum foil, add all the flavored sauce to it, cover the meat two times so that it will lock the moister in it.
- Don’t put the rib directly on a fire grill, place it far from the fire. Use the food testing thermometer to maintain the temperature. The temperature must be 165F. It will not take more than 10 to 20 minutes because your meat is already cooked you just have to reheat them.
- All is set to be eaten now. Serve the mouth-watering ribs with sauce.
How to Reheat Ribs in an Oven
- Before reheating the ribs, you should preheat the oven for about to 20 to 30 minutes at a temperature of 250F.
- Wrap the meat rib loosely in a foil around the meat. Add the sauce or a water around the wrap foil.
- Put the meat in a baking tray and place it in a preheated oven. Make sure that the temperature of meat must be 165F and not more.
- It will take not much time because ribs are already cooked you just have to reheat for 10 to 20 minutes. Serve them with a spicy sauce.
How to Reheat Ribs in a Toaster Oven
Working on a toaster oven is a bit tricky way but if you are a master in cooking, you can do it very easily.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 250F for about to 20 minutes.
- Cover the meat ribs with a foil add sauces into these ribs.
- Place them into oven.
- Keep an eye on them so that they do not get dried out or overcooked.
- It will not take more then 10 to 20 minutes to reheat the ribs.
How to Reheat Ribs in a Cooker
Reheating in a cooker is a slow process but a worthy because it maintains the moisture inside the meat. As everyone knows that the cooker is very famous for maintaining the juicy flavor in the meat. If you get the time to cook it is the good option to reheat the ribs.
- Add the ribs into the cooker.
- Add sauce or water according to the quantity.
- Put the lid of the cooker and place it on the fire.
- Check the cooker after every 30 minutes to check if your ribs are done or you need to cook more.
- In this way your ribs are ready with perfect tenderness and you will get a full flavored meat with all juices inside the meat. But as you are just trying to reheat the ribs it will take not much time.
How to Reheat Ribs in a Stove
If you don’t have a grill or oven and you do not want to lose the juicy flavor of the rib meat you can try to reheat them on a stove.
- Use the deep pan for cooking, put the ribs and the water or sauce as per your choice into the pan slow down the heat it’s a little slow process.
- Cover all sides of the meat with the sauce and make sure that the heat is divided around the meat evenly.
- The cooking time depends on the quantity of the ribs and the depth of the pan you are using.
- Keep an eye because it’s very common that the meat gets dried on a stove. For enhancing the taste of the reheated ribs drizzle the barbeque sauce on the top.
How to Reheat Ribs in a Microwave
Using a microwave for reheating the ribs is not a good option but if you are in a hurry and you need to fulfil your stomach then you can use it.
Mostly the chefs recommend not to use them for reheating because the tenderness evaporates into air when reheated.
- Place the rib in a microwave in the microwave safe container add the barbeque sauce or any sauce you have with your ribs make sure you are using a big container.
- Reheat the ribs for about to 3 to 4 minutes. If not cooked then put them again and cook them for more 3 to 4 mints and your ribs is ready to eat after reheating.
Remember it’s not a good way it’s just a quick way.
How to Reheat Ribs in an Air Fryer
Cooking in air fryer is the safest way to reheat the ribs. The best part is that it contains the hot air that will maintain the bark of the ribs. However, they are used to get the ribs dried out, so drizzle some oil to maintain the moist.
- Before putting the ribs, heat the air fryer up to 400F.
- Put the foil inside the air fryer, it helps in cleaning after reheat.
- Place the ribs don’t put so many pieces at once so that the air will not be circulate.
- Apply some oil for the better moist result.
- Reheat for about 10 minutes. For better taste add some barbeque sauce and then reheat again for 5 minutes.
Keep an eye on them so that it will not over cooked. Takeout from the air fryer and enjoy the ribs.
Tips to Reheat Spare Ribs
It’s a verity of the ribs cut form the lower part of the pig. It contains 1 to 13 long bones behind the shoulder.
It contains the good amount of meat on the bone as well in between the bones. Spare ribs are more delightful than the short ribs. It’s cut from the belly and the breastbone part. It contains the good amount of fat so after reheating the ribs it will be as tender and juicy as before.
Add any kind of a sauce you would like to put on the ribs, cover them all again you do not need to add any water in it as the fat content will take care of the meat.
Don’t put them on a high temperature for reheating process. You can take a long time for reheating as the big amount of fat does not let the ribs to dry out.
Can you Reheat the Ribs more than Once
It is true that you can reheat the ribs so many times but after every reheat process it loses its taste, color and the quality of the meat gets lower if you are agreed to give-up on a taste then store them and reheat them many times, the longer you store the ribs the lesser they become desirable.
But if you are a taste lover then don’t reheat them more than once. if you are reheating a small portion of the rib and putting the rest into the fridge then there is no bad thing in it but if you reheat again and again, the ribs become contaminated.
There is no reason to put the leftover ribs in a bin. You can make them as tasty and fresh as they were cooked for the first time. Reheating does not mean that you have to eat dry or tasteless food. Make sure that you are storing in a proper way and after that when you are reheating, you do it carefully. Choose the best way to reheat as mention above don’t forget to put sauce before eating and you will get a steaming plate of ribs. Happy Eating!